Critical Thinking across the Curriculum
This fun, practical book is very easy to use in the classroom and is designed to help children:
- Understand key critical thinking concepts.
- Develop critical thinking skills.
- Understand different types of reasoning and knowledge in all areas of the curriculum.
- Draw on their natural wonder and curiosity to engage in philosophical discussion.
- Develop reasoning skills in relation to moral dilemmas and the choices of every day life.
Drawing on the stories and additional photocopiable resources, each chapter then offers a wealth of learning activities. These are designed to help you develop children's critical thinking and practice relevant tools such as asking good questions, giving good reasons or categorising material.
The activities and resources include both subject specific and cross-curricular links and are differentiated for Key Stage 1 and 2. There are also extension activities for enthusiastic, gifted and talented children.
Story and Critical Thinking
The Nature of Critical Thinking
Critical Thinking and the Curriculum: Cross-curricular Concerns
How to use the book
PART ONE – Aspects of Critical Thinking
Point of View
Tools of Critical Thinking: Finding Out
Tools of Critical Thinking: Analysis
PART TWO – Philosophical and Moral Reflection
An Introduction to Philosophy
Ethics and Morality
Knowledge and Truth
Knowledge as Worthwhile Learning
Problems of Perception