The Engineering Guide to LEED-New Construction: Sustainable Construction for Engineers (GreenSource)
An Up-to-Date Guide to the Latest LEED-New Construction Guidelines
Fully revised for version 3.0 of the LEED-New Construction rating system (LEED-2009), this GreenSource book helps you acquire the skills needed to apply LEED-NC to sustainable construction projects.
The Engineering Guide to LEED-New Construction, second edition, offers comprehensive coverage of the environmental systems and impacts on which many of the LEED-NC subcategories are based. Detailed equations and exercises in the book can be used to perform the calculations outlined in LEED-NC. Valuable information on real-world applications of LEED-NC in military, low-impact development (LID), and other sectors is included in this practical resource.
THE ENGINEERING GUIDE TO LEED-NEW CONSTRUCTION COVERS:
- Introduction to the U.S. Green Building Council's LEED-NC rating system
- Sustainable sites
- Water efficiency
- Energy and atmosphere
- Materials and resources
- Indoor environmental quality
- Innovation in design and regional priorities
- A systematic view of green and minimum program requirements
- Department of Defense sustainable construction and indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Low-impact development